Kato Sake Works on Mainvest
Food & BevMain Street
People of Color

Kato Sake Works

Sake Brewery
Investment type:
(Revenue Sharing 1.5×)
Target raise:
 - $250,000
Minimum investment:​
End date:
Mar 10, 2022
Kato Sake Works is seeking investment to expand into a 2,500 sq.ft. production space replete with a taproom for sake tastings.
Our Story

Kato Sake Works offers local sake enjoyed genuinely. We are the neighborhood brewery that bridges cultures and reshapes the sake experience. The Katos’ vision is to build a destination for quality craft sake with a brewery culture and casual atmosphere, as well as a place where conversations around art, food, drink and Japanese culture could be shared and enjoyed.The current 500 square foot brewery produces approximately 800 bottles per month. About 70% of sales come from in-store customers purchasing bottles of sake and the remaining 30% of sales comes from 25 wholesale accounts (restaurants, bars and wine & spirits retail stores), mainly in Northern Brooklyn.The brewery has garnered 5-star reviews on Google and Yelp with very positive customer reviews even though we have never been able to offer "real" taproom service due to the pandemic and space constraint.
Our Ambition

KSW has secured a 2,500 sq ft space at 379 Troutman St. in Brooklyn, the northern end of Bushwick bordering with East Williamsburg.